CAD Technician, Rail Team
Salary up to £36,000
Our client, a successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy is currently working on a diverse range of interesting and challenging projects. Its dedicated rail team has a well-respected reputation in the industry and the team capability is civils/structures with typical projects involving bridges, stations, buildings, lineside structures, culverts, drainage, car parks, depots and temporary work. Services include surveying, examinations, reporting, assessments, design, site supervision and engineering assurance.
Our client is actively recruiting for a CAD Technician due to its continued success and increasing workload. Their CAD Technicians form an important component of the design team and have a varied, interesting workload, with a mixture of office based CAD drawing drafting work, assisting engineers with design and opportunities for site inspection work in conjunction with engineers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to become an integral part of a growing team and benefit from genuine development prospects in a supportive and welcoming environment.
The ideal CAD Technician will have;
* An ability to produce accurate technical drawings, based on details provided by engineers, using AutoCAD, demonstrated through experience of carrying out such work. Ideally this experience will have been in a rail environment, however candidates with experience from other civil or structural engineering disciplines will be considered. Experience in the use of Microstation would be an advantage.
* An ability to interpret engineer’s sketches in order to produce accurate technical drawings.
* An ability to carry out dimensional surveys of existing structures.
* An ability to train and mentor junior team members.
* An ability to manage and prioritise own workload and work with minimal supervision.
* An excellent standard of written and verbal English.
Key requirements for this CAD Technician:
* Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD.
* Ideally HNC/HND/FND qualified or equivalent, but not essential, subject to experience.
* Relevant experience of carrying out a similar role within a consultancy environment is desirable.
* UK driving license.
In order to discuss this CAD Technician role and other similar roles within Civil or Structural Engineering please call MIKAELA on (Apply online only) or email your CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online