Dual Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Rail/Rolling Stock)
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be a senior team member, servicing, maintaining and repairing locomotives and units to laid-down specifications. Within the team you will ensure that traction and rolling stock are serviced and maintained in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner whilst constantly seeking to improve quality.
• Wavertree, Liverpool L15 4LD
• 37 hours on average per week,
• Split over a 4 on 4 off shift pattern
• Permanent night shifts.
• First 3 months - £20.17/hr
• After 3 months - £22.90/hr
• These are limited company contractor rates, PAYE rates are available on request
Main tasks of the role
• Corrective maintenance (Electrical or Mechanical, Coach Repairing & Plumbing)
• Preventative maintenance (Electrical or Mechanical, Coach Repairing & Plumbing)
• Basic maintenance competency e.g.: side skirt cleans, brake pads, block changes etc.
• Primary fault finding/reporting
• Secondary fault finding
• Depot or fleet specific requirements where required
• DMU service exams
• Alista, SAP and SES input
Additional tasks – all team members responsible for general depot duties
• Taking of fuel meter readings off rail vehicles
• Fuelling and system top up
• Crane driving and lifting equipment and training
• Chlorinating water points
• Depot cleaning/general housekeeping (This will have no impact on Cleaners headcount)
• Driving company vehicles if certified
• Train cleaning by exception (This will have no impact on Cleaners headcount)
• Mentoring others as and when required
• Nominated person as required
Health and Safety
• Understand and abide by safety notices, rules & regulations and follow safe working practices
• To be Authorised person where required
• H&SAWA and COSHH
• Work in conjunction with Alstom’s lifesaving rules
• Comply with and enforce Alstom’s Zero Deviation Policy (AZDP)
• Comply with strict Drug and Alcohol Policy
Train Driving Duties (subject to medical and assessment) No previous experience needed:
• Train driving of all types of unit to site
• Route setting
• Train acceptance and dispatch as instructed by level 1 / 2 Ops support.
Key skills and requirements for the role include:
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent with associated technical qualification of City and Guilds in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Skilled in both mechanical and electrical engineering.
• Fault finding experience
• Basic MS Office IT skills.
• Prepared to work shifts including days, nights and weekends
• Experience in railway unit / locomotive maintenance.
• FLT Licence
• Wheel Lathe experience
For immediate consideration, please apply now or contact John Shepherd at Rullion on (phone number removed) or email
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online