If you’re an Estimator and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our York team as an Estimator and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
We are seeking to locate a career minded Estimator to support the Rail teams in York on on-going Civils track and property rail projects within rail sector. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Our team is involved in some of the UK’s most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with our blue-chip clients in Rail, which include:
Commercial and Procurement Services to Network Rail Infrastructure projects
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the estimating manager and providing estimating expertise within a comprehensive cost engineering framework. Supporting a range of key projects, whether operations, maintenance, revenue or capital.
* Interfaces with the Work Scope Manager, Designers, Suppliers, Planners, Cost Engineers, Risk Co-ordinator / Practitioner and Financial Management Team
* To maintain compliance with standards and expectations concerning safety
* To comply with programme controls procedures, processes and systems to ensure that quality and consistency is maintained
* To contribute to improving the quality and performance of cost control processes and systems.
* Understands how to build estimates from first principles
* Understands the key factors involved with building a robust estimate, stakeholder engagement and how to define requirements at the outset
* Capable of producing varying levels of estimates commensurate with the project stage and available information
* Understands how to interpret and apply cost data from various sources
* Understands the key information required to support robust estimates
* Understands and can apply concepts such as risk, contingency and estimating uncertainty
* Capable of auditing estimates prepared by others and producing reports.
* Qualified in Estimating or Quantity Surveying.
* Relevant successful experience of provision of estimating and/or QS
* Understanding of project management, planning, risk and investment Processes
* Understanding of track systems
* Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to a degree level.
* Experience in the rail and/or civil engineering industries
Managing the delivery of 3rd party rail systems estimates, providing assurance and assessment of risk.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We’re proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
* For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
* Highly competitive salary
* Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
* One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Matched pension, up to 8%
* Interest free Season Ticket Loan
* Life Assurance
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Long Term Service Awards
* Discretionary Bonus
* Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
* Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme
Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to a degree level
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online