My client is looking to recruit a Site Foreman for its £50m 3 station upgrade scheme based in West London.
*Direct Delivery Experience and Network Rail Station Experience needed*
The Foreman is responsible for overseeing the work on site on a day to day basis to ensure a smoothly run job site throughout the work day. The Foreman helps to create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment, motivating the workforce ensuring efficiency and productivity in achieving the project targets.
The Foreman will be responsible for:
• Management of engineers, tradesmen and subcontractors on site.
• Lead by personal example and consistently set high standards of health and safety performance and behaviour.
• Ensuring works on site meet the agreed programme and are carried out safely with due regard to the protection of the workforce, public and the environment.
• Ensuring that all certificates, assurance and compliance certificates are generated and collated.
• Maintain awareness of health & safety policies, rules, standards and performance that affect their activities.
• Proactivity co-operate and co-ordinate with the supervisors and subcontractors whom it is necessary to interface with on site.
• Ensuring that those carrying out the works are aware and accurately informed about the risks and the control measures associated with their works
. • Understand and implement the sites rules and procedures.
• Ensure the correct paperwork is in place before the start of each activity to ensure that checks are made on the following:
• Risk assessments are current and relate to the proposed activity.
• The operators are engaged and understand the risks and control measures associated with the activity.
• Where there are minor changes to the working environment, hazards are identified, control measures understood and implemented.
• Ensure that plant and equipment is use by only those who have received adequate information, instruction and training.
• Promote the occupational health services available on the project to your team.
• Ensure that the operators are medically fit for their role.
• Avoid manual handling where practicable; assess the risk associated with manual handling activities that cannot be avoided.
• Identify those within the team that work safely and recognise them for it.
• Facilitating the selection and delivery of Tool Box talks.
• Actively encourage feedback from the team and taking appropriate action where necessary.
• Challenge poor health & safety performance and personally take action where there is a breach of rules or unsafe working practices.
• Report all accidents, incidents, near misses to the line manager or health and safety manager as appropriate.
• Understand the site emergency procedures which include fire, first aid and evacuation.
• Be aware of the contents of drug & alcohol policies. Ensure the policy is effectively implemented and action is taken when appropriate in order to comply with the requirements outlined within it.
• To comply with requirements outlined in the environmental management plan and assist the company in its pursuit of continual improvement in environmental performance.
• Ensure that the plant and equipment selected is suitable for use, safe for use and maintained.
• Reporting all construction issues to the Sub-Agent. Skills & Experience:
• The role will require the post holder to have a good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at management level.
Direct Delivery and Rail Experience is essential
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online