* ICI (Industry Common Induction - Network Rail)
The Ganger is responsible for co-ordinating and supervising the work within their own gang, ensuring that all work is carried out safely and to programme. This involves briefing method statements to the gang, carrying out checks on plant and equipment and ensuring permits are in place.
You will be reporting to the site management team, ensuring the highest levels of health, safety and compliance at all times.
As a Ganger you will be required to:
* Operate and promote safe working within gang
* Ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements and that they have been briefed to gang and understood
* Discuss any changes or amendments to method statements with site supervisor
* Carry out checks on all plant and equipment
* Ensure a safe place of work
* Forward plan work activities
* Lead by example to others on site
* Ensure supervision of the gang at all times
* Ensure the completion of works is on time
* Implement best practice procedures within the gang
* Share and pass on knowledge to others
* Understand the team’s strengths and weaknesses
* Ensure all permits are in place and signed before work commences
* Forward planning on equipment and material needs
* Communicate with site supervisor regarding equipment and material needs at an early stage
* Feed back to site management on any plant no longer required
* Ensure a safe system of work used on unloading of any plant or materials
* You may also be required to travel between stations and work a variety of shift patterns.
HEALTH & SAFETY
PPE when on site: (waterproof and non-waterproof & must be all Orange), High-Viz, hard hat (blue or white), midsole protection steel toecap safety boots, safety glasses, safety gloves. Hi-Viz Trousers to minimum network rail standard NR/L2/OHS/021.
You will receive an overall project induction and site specific induction upon commencement. This includes fire evacuation and general emergency procedures, first aiders and fire wardens as well as any other health & safety information specific to the office or site you will be working in.
08:00 to 17:00 - Mon-Fri (the odd weekend with uplifted rates)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online