Rail experience essential for this role*****
I am looking to recruit a Head of Rail. This would suit a Senior civil structural engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career into management and to grow an already strong business in the North West with packages of work on LNW and CP6. The role would require a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer with a minimum of 10-years’ experience and a good applied knowledge of the rail industry and current design standards. As well as the capabilities required to liaise with framework Contractors to generate a pipeline of work either through direct award design work (via the framework contract) or through Design & Build commissions.
Our client would be looking for the individual to be signed-off as a CEM/CRE once in post, so having that previous experience would clearly be beneficial, but not essential.
* To promote and establish our client as a leading civil & structural engineering consultancy within the LNW Route (and UK) rail industry.
* To build and manage a financially sustainable division of the client that has key clients who provide predictable sales and profit streams.
* To build and manage a sustainable team of suitably experienced and qualified employees and associates who are capable of both managing and delivering customer requirements on time, in full and on budget.
* To ensure the Rail – Civil & Structural division of our client remains compliant, observes all up to date industry practices, codes of conduct and protects the health and safety of all its employees.
Key roles & responsibilities
* Business development and securing key clients within the rail industry.
* Securing regular and ongoing projects from key rail clients.
* Managing on time, in full, on budget delivery of projects.
* Recruiting and managing suitable personnel for and on behalf of the client
* Mentoring, professional development and PMR’s for direct reports.
* Within a maximum of 12 weeks establish ongoing income to cover divisional costs.
* Within 26 weeks bring on board (and or develop existing) key clients.
* Subject to any client variations, deliver all projects on time, in full and on budget.
* Maintain 100% compliance for all essential business accreditations and zero reports for H&S and safe guarding issues.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online