telent- EHS Manager (Rail) Warwick, Permanent
Are you a Health and Safety professional with extensive experience within the UK Rail industry? We're looking for an EHS Manager to join our SCADA team based in our Warwick head office.
You'll primarily be working in Warwick however there will be a requirement for visits to our worksites and other offices where required.
You'll be responsible for:
* Providing competent Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) support for a high profile project with a high level of safety focus.
* Providing support in the ongoing maintenance of the telent rail projects QEHS Management System and Hazard Logs.
* Promoting a positive QEHS culture across projects and the wider business unit.
* The provision of support to assigned "internal customer managers" in delivering QEHS leadership.
* Developing, implementing and overseeing the business unit's EHS programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities and to ensure that all facilities and practices are in compliance with regulations.
* Establishing suitable inspection programmes to ensure compliance with procedures, Client requirements, and EHS laws, standards and regulations.
* Leading, directing and mentoring assigned QEHS resources
Skills/experience we need from you:
* At least 5 years experience in Rail related projects as a HSE Manager covering the UK clients such as Network Rail and Train Operating Companies
* Excellent stakeholder managements skills
* Previous experience of accident and incident investigation with proven track record
* Ideally, you'll be CMIOSH certified
* Network Rail ICI and Sentinel ticket
* We are looking for a team builder and motivator with honesty and integrity. You will need to be able to influence staff at all levels and engage in a friendly and collaborative manner. This role is a doer role and the post holder will be required to manage their workload and deliver objectives and tasks. The role will not suit a delegator.
* You will be required to deliver task yourself and provide support to a lot of different internal stakeholders. We are looking for someone with a good behavioural safety approach not a policeman.
* You will, need to be able to demonstrate effective behavioural safety leadership experience
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online