Job title: Maintenance Controller – Rail and Rolling Stock
Job location: Derby
Hourly rate: £30 per hour Ltd
The Maintenance Controller will work in a Control Centre as first point of contact for technical support in the event of a train fault or failure if occurring whilst in service. Close liaison with Maintenance Depots. Drivers, Fleet Control Managers and On Train staff to ensure that the fleet of Trains are in a safe and suitable condition for passengers throughout their journey.
The role reports directly to the Fleet Delivery Manager. The role is imperative to the business to ensure that any faults or failures are fixed quickly with minimum impact on fare paying customers.
The role is responsible for the distribution of workload to the Technical Riding inspectors who travel on route to assist with the train faults.
- Provided immediate and effective support to drivers and other customers in the event of a train fault or failure in service.
- Close liaison with Maintenance Depots, maintenance staff, front line crews, drivers and customers to ensure failures in traffic are dealt with promptly and efficiently to minimise delay and prevent unnecessary cancellations.
- Close liaison with the duty train running manager regarding train running and assist where required any such delay or cancellation that is falsely attributed to the fleet.
- Maintain a log of incident defects and vehicle histories by inputting information on faults, failures and work done by maintenance staff.
- Manage the NIR’s in accordance with MML/SG076 and associated safety processes, ensuring these are dealt with promptly and appropriate action(s) is/are taken and managed to a successful conclusion.
- Manage the Technical Riding Inspector workload to best effect in liaison with depots.
- Provide management information as required by the Fleet Delivery Manager.
- Seek assistance from the Fleet Control Manager when line of route incidents occur that are caused by a vehicle defect and to log and record defects in RAVERS and/or the Control Log when required.
- Experience/qualifications in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience working in a Control Room or Control Centre environment
- Knowledge of depot maintenance procedures.
- Proven excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding and competent in the use of IT.
- Knowledge of railway industry contractual arrangements.
Phone: (phone number removed)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online