Planning Manager required to work on a major rail infrastructure programme leading a team in Leeds & York so the role can be based at either location. For this role candidates must have current/previous experience of leading teams of Planners at a mid/ senior manager level. You will have experience of working on major rail enhancement and upgrade schemes from development through to delivery stage. You will also have a wide variety or planning and analysis techniques that will add value to this complex programme.
• Deliver an effective peer review and internal audit challenge to the programme planning function to promote good planning practices
• Capture, monitor and manage inter-Project dependencies and any route-wide programme activities not held within Project schedules
• Build effective working relationships with peers and colleagues. Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across projects and sectors
• Ensure robust and consistent schedules are constructed as part of Section Proposals
• Accountable for planning practices and outputs to satisfy the Schedule Management Plans. Develop an agreed detailed design, construct, test and commission schedule for the Project
• Manage schedule information on a periodic basis identifying progress in line with the programme schedule management plan
• Deliver accurate resource forecasting to support effective decision making within the programme
• Contribute to regular collaborative planning sessions in the programme teams and provide an appropriate level of challenge
• Displays enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style
• Identify and propose improvements to project or business issues and problems and how to implement them
• Participate/manage reporting of/coordinate time-phased budget requirements in line with the programme’s Earned Value processes
• Management of interfaces with external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have current or previous experience of leading planning teams at a mid/senior level. You will have experience of working on major rail enhancement and upgrade schemes from development through to delivery stage. You will also have a wide variety or planning and analysis techniques that will add value to this complex programme.
To apply is easy, email Oli on (url removed) or just apply online
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online