Project Manager – Rail / Rolling Stock
If you’re a successful Project Manager with proven project and people management experience and you’d thrive within an employee focused business, then continue reading to find out more about this superb opportunity…
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the Deutsche Bahn Group / Arriva TrainCare website, where you will be required to complete an online application form.
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare (ATC) is an independent rolling stock maintenance and refurbishment business based in Crewe, with depots across 5 locations in the UK. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2018 and beyond. ATC is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You’ll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
* One Arriva - We work as one team, ‘together we are Arriva’;
* Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
* Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
* Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will this role of Project Manager – Rail / Rolling Stock entail?
Reporting to the Head of Project Management Office, as a Project Manager you’ll be responsible for delivering a wide range of projects within financial and commercial parameters. Your duties will include although not be limited to;
* Managing projects through the lifecycle of bid, initiate, mobilise, delivery and close-out stages, ensuring all work undertaken is done so in a timely manner and to a high standard
* Identifying project risk control measures and conducting periodic reviews to mitigate impact on projects, whilst escalating any high risks and issues for resolution
* Delivering pro-active customer management and leading project review meetings, whilst identifying opportunities to maximise revenues and minimise costs
* Understanding and recognising new stakeholder opportunities and maintaining existing stakeholder relationships
* Developing internal systems, processes, procedures and reporting mechanisms, providing clear project control
* Compiling regular project reports and detailing performance status
* Ensuring project performance adheres to strict budgets and managing costs with the use of an ERP system and recording key project costs
What will I need to be considered for this Project Manager – Rail / Rolling Stock vacancy?
* Proven project management experience, with a good understanding of production efficiency tools and techniques. Ideally, you’ll also have experience of rail vehicle heavy maintenance activities
* A good understanding of ROSCO (Rolling Stock Operating Company) / TOC (Train Operating Company) / FOC (Freight Operating Company) relationships
* Ability to effectively lead a team of people and interface with senior management
* Solid understanding of statutory legal health, safety and environmental standards
* Ability to develop effective internal and external working relationships
* Excellent attention to detail with superb organisation skills, and the ability to work independently using own initiative
* Excellent IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
* Self-motivated and proactive approach to work
* A full UK driving licence
Although not essential, the below would be highly advantageous for the role;
* Educated to degree / BTEC HND / City and Guilds certificate in Engineering
* Project management qualification, APM, Prince 2, or similar related qualification
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Negotiable level dependent on experience and qualifications
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, working Monday to Friday (days). Flexibility will be required as some weekend work may be required
Contract Type: Permanent
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you’re good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you’re welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Project Manager – Rail / Rolling vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online