Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reporting To: Senior QS/Commercial Manager
Main Purpose: To efficiently and effectively provide professional surveying support to the Project Manager and his management team, implementing commercial processes and systems on projects, from tender stage to final account.
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
* Provide commercial links between Site Agents, Project Managers and Senior Quantity Surveyors / Commercial Managers.
* To ensure commercial security and control of contracts under tender and throughout the project including execution and delivery.
* External liaison with suppliers and customers regarding project progress and contractual issues.
* Production of commercial reports at intervals to be advised.
* Risk analysis and control.
* Dispute resolution and arbitration.
* Awareness of the estimating process and budget control.
* Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations.
* To promote equality of opportunity throughout the Company.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required.
* Dealing with a varied managerial role.
* Internal and external relationship building.
* Legal aspects of contracts.
* Autonomy within the role.
* Departmental relationships within the Company including Site Agents, Project and Contracts Managers, Commercial Managers and Divisional Managing Directors.
* Inter-departmental relationships within the company, including Finance, Estimating, Administration, Human Resources, Health and Safety and Quality.
* Customer contact regarding contractual issues.
* Contact with relevant bodies in dispute resolution and arbitration.
* Third level qualification in Engineering or Quantity Surveying
* Significant experience in a similar role within a Civil Engineering company
* Experience or qualification in contract law
* Good commercial awareness
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self motivated for an autonomous role.
* Team worker.
* Tenacity – ability to stay focused on an issue until it is solved.
* Social, environmental and legal awareness.
* Problem solver and critical thinker.
* Ability to make informed judgements and convey these to the team
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online