Senior Quantity Surveyor – Hertfordshire – Rail/Civil Engineering/Infrastructure – Competitive Salary & Package
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a commercially aware Senior Quantity Surveyor or those looking for a step up in their career to join our client to be based across Hertfordshire/North London on a variety of rail/civil engineering/infrastructure projects. You will provide commercial management on a project of part of a commercial team on a project to protect the company’s interest and deliver tender margin-plus with effective cost and value management. Responsible for all commercial and contractual matter on the site allocated, you will effectively manage surveyors and/ or assistant surveyors to successfully deliver projects.
• Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
• Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the clients contractual position.
• To act professionally always and promote the company’s best standards and practices.
• Monitor and chase Main Contract payments.
• Make payment applications to clients and ensure collection of cash.
• Being aware of and actioning any potential business development opportunities.
• Identification of process flaws and assisting with developing improved processes.
• Assist estimating and operations with developing tender submissions.
• Review and commercially assess the Main Contract conditions and advise on risk and scope areas.
• Assist the Bid team as required.
• Tender input as required.
Pre – Contract & Procurement:
• Procurement of works to meet programme and ideally tender.
• Supply chain management and payment.
• Ensure that all aspects of the project are understood and make effective use of the tender handover.
• Liaise with the Procurement team to ensure that the progress of procurement is optimised, to ensure programme is maintained and buying opportunities are maximised.
• Change control
• Ensure accurate records of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference, report as required on:
• Weekly cost and value monitoring
• Weekly review of programme and site records and analysis of variances from planned
• Monthly cost and value reporting
• Forecasting out-turn cost and value
• Maximise revenue opportunities
• Identify and manage scope and risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis
• Attend regular internal meetings ensuring actions are closed out quickly
• Assist senior management with developing of, and adherence to Project commercial strategy
• Commercial advice to/support and interaction with project team
• Commercial interaction with client and suppliers
• Accountable for the management of the commercial involvement and understanding of the programme at summary level
• Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders so staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities
• Ensure post contract review is completed and actioned
• Ensure the Contract is resolved in a timely manner and that all contractual formalities associated with this are completed
• Apply for, invoice and chase payment of retention from the Client
• Remain responsible for the project until all matters are completed
• Take part in the lessons learned meetings post project
• Ensure archiving is carried out in accordance with company policy
• Ensure effective and appropriate communication between all members of staff
• Manage, develop and mentor junior members of the team
• Support and develop the site team in their general commercial awareness
You typically achieve results in collaboration with colleagues through defining, assigning and delivering work and team objectives, demonstrating an ability to grasp sometimes complex commercial issues, communicating effectively and maintaining a positive assertive approach.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• IT proficient in MS Office Excel and any other relevant software
• Experienced in leading and developing a diverse team including managing performance and skills development
• Have functional/ technical skills associated with the field of civil engineering and/ or quantity surveying
• Substantial commercial experience with involvement in infrastructure projects in the construction and/ or rail industry
• Degree/ HND in quantity surveying, ideally Chartered status (desirable)
BENEFITS FOR THE SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
• On-the-job training + Accredited Qualifications
• 25 days’ annual leave with a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service
• Employer contribution pension scheme
• Income protection for long-term sickness after 6 months
• Lump sum of 4x basic salary death in service
• Comprehensive private health insurance
• Car Allowance
• Travel insurance for medical emergencies abroad (access to benefit after successful probation period)
• Access to discounts on gym membership
#rail #civilengineering #seniorquantitysurveyor #hertfordshire #infrastructure
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online