As Signalling Maintenance Rail Engineer for Translink, you will assist in delivering the signalling strategy against performance and compliance requirements, whilst identifying suitable minor projects to ensure a reliable, safe and cost-effective signalling network.
Translink is Northern Ireland main Rail provider with a strategy to maintain and grow passenger and network capacity, with plans to introduce higher-speed service, track upgrades, station refurbs and new builds, refurbishment of trains and upgrade ticketing systems.
*Please note that detailed application forms must be submitted before Friday 02nd Aug so early application is advisable*
As Signalling Maintenance Rail Engineer your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
* Preparation and implementation of an S&T maintenance plan.
* Ensure all work and faults are recorded on the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS Sentia) and update existing information.
* Plan S&T work schedules and inspection routines.
* Analyse completed maintenance schedules and complete quarterly reports for each team.
* Review signalling failures and identify route causes using data loggers, and any lessons learnt with appropriate actions for preventing future failures.
* Implement and carry out an effective maintenance audit programme.
* Ensure the Computer Asset Maintenance Management System (CMMS)is utilised in the effective planning and control of all signalling maintenance activities.
* Support the Signalling Project Department in the installation of minor maintenance projects.
* Work alongside reliability engineer to increase the use of condition monitoring and applying a proactive response to alarms.
* Complete safety and performance audits, briefs and assessments of signalling staff.
To be considered for this role you will have:
* Experience of Safety, Health & Environment.
* Experience in planning work schedules to ensure efficient use of resources.
* Minimum of a HNC or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of railway signalling systems, or alternatively, possess a minimum of an ONC or equivalent qualification in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of railway signalling systems
* Experience in the efficient application of maintenance procedures, processes and standards to ensure the safe reliable operation of signalling equipment.
* Experience of organising, implementing and reviewing the performance of staff.
* Experience of investigating signalling failures and analysing data to initiate repairs.
* Knowledge and technical understanding of signal interlocking interfaces.
It would be Desirable if candidates had the following:
* ILM Level 3 qualification
* Professional assessing qualification OCR Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
(A full job specification and application form can be provided upon application)
If you feel this "Signalling Maintenance Rail Engineer"role is something you may be interested in please contact Damien or Anne in Belfast on (phone number removed) for further information.
If you would like to be considered, please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online