In the coming weeks, there will be an opportunity for a Sub Agent to join a main rail contractor on a major rail renewal/redevelopment project. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a new major rail project in a permanent position.
· Support the Agent or Project Manager in the execution of his duties, and management of smaller construction contracts.
· Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
· Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments, and project management plans.
· Understand tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets.
· Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
· Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
· Manage design co-ordination.
· Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts.
· Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
You should be:
· A good communicator with the ability to instruct and direct staff
· A good organiser, both of self and others with the ability to think in advance
· Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
· Degree or HNC qualified in Civil Engineering
· Experience in managing site and section engineers
· You will have significant main contractor civils experience especially in Rail renewals and signalling
At CarmichaelUK we value and respect equality and diversity and welcome applications from all. Should you require adjustments to apply for any of our roles please call us on (phone number removed).
All rates quoted on our adverts are Ltd Company rates unless stated otherwise. To apply for our positions, applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
We offer £500 for every successful placement arising from a referral. See our website for details
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online