Technical Design Engineer – Rail Vehicles
Salary:- £30,000 - £40,000 basic + 25 days holidays + Bank holidays + Pension
An exciting opportunity to join the Production department in Asset Management and Maintenance as a Technical Design Engineer. You will undertake 3D CAD modelling and detailed design work to produce assembly and manufacturing drawings linked to Rail vehicles.
This could be an ideal first step in to the rail sector, taking your Mechanical design experience and using this to modify and improve existing rail assets. Assisting with investigation of performance issues identified in the operation of the Rail vehicles. Identify most economic solutions whilst maintaining safety standards.
Day to Day activies
* Provide advice and expert guidance on the implementation of defined design solutions in order to ensure vehicle utilisation is maximised.
* Manage allocated budgets within specified and agreed limits.
* Provide support to the business processes for monitoring and auditing both the maintenance and overhaul of vehicles and components to ensure that the required standards are being met.
* Undertake 3D CAD modelling and detailed design work to produce assembly and manufacturing drawings for DB Cargo.
* Current 3D CAD modelling and detailed mechanical design experience
* A successful track record of contributing and leading engineering designs
* Ideally HNC / HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or experience 3D CAD knowledge and use.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this role please forward your CV or call me on 01332 34 55 66
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.Apply online